Easily upgrade your fully managed MySQL Database at ScaleGrid from a standalone deployment to a highly available replica set, and customize your geographic distribution in the cloud.
Before you start...
Keep in mind that this upgrade will affect your pricing, to see what your new replica set will cost, see our pricing page.
- Log into the ScaleGrid console.
- Go to your MySQL cluster details page.
- On the Overview tab, click on the Scale button and select "Convert to replica set".
- Select your number of nodes: 2 + 1 Quorum or 3.
- Select your Synchronization type: Semisync or Async
- Select your datacenter regions for your new nodes.
- Review and click the green "Upgrade" button to convert your standalone deployment to a replica set.
Allow some time for the new replicas to get deployed, and after that, you’re all set! Your connection string will remain the same after upgrading, so you don’t have to worry about any changes in that regard.
Updated 3 months ago