Need to import data from an existing cluster in your ScaleGrid MongoDB hosting account to another? Easily migrate your MongoDB data between clusters in a few steps in the console.
Backup Your Old Cluster Before Proceeding
Importing a database(s) with the same name will overwrite its existing data. Please create a MongoDB On-Demand Backup if you would like to preserve the existing data in the cluster you are migrating from.
Here are the steps to get started:
- Log into the ScaleGrid console.
- Go to your MongoDB page, and click the cluster you wish to import into.
- Under the Overview tab, click on "Import Data".
- In the import window that opens, select the second tab, "ScaleGrid cluster".
- Select the MongoDB cluster you wish to import from the "Select source cluster" dropdown menu.
- Click the green "Import" button to migrate your MongoDB data.
Your MongoDB import has now begun!
Your data will be migrated as soon as the import job is complete, and the time will vary based on the size of your data.
After the migration import is complete, you'll receive an alert in your ScaleGrid console as well a confirmation email. Make sure to also confirm the following:
- Data size and details match your imported cluster.
- Your MongoDB cluster is connected to your application.
- Your MongoDB Backup Schedule is configured per your needs.
If you have any questions on importing MongoDB data between clusters, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Updated about 2 years ago