ScaleGrid for Redis™* allows you to easily scale up your deployment in a few simple clicks. This is performed as a dynamic, in-place scale, so as long as you're leveraging a master/slave or Redis™ Cluster-mode deployment, you can scale with little to no downtime.
Follow these steps to scale up your Redis™ deployment to a larger instance size:
- Login to the ScaleGrid console.
- Go to the Overview tab of your cluster detail page for Redis™.
- Click on the Scale button, and select "Scale up":
- Select the new size you'd like to use from the dropdown menu:
- Review the new size configuration, and click Scale!
Your Redis™ deployment at ScaleGrid will now scale!
Once you click to scale, we take over to provide a dynamic, in-place scale. This is implemented as a rolling operation where we perform the following tasks to scale your Redis™ deployment:
- Take down one node at a time
- Update the instance type
- Update the disk size
- Update the disk IOPS (if necessary)
- Bring the node back up
- Wait for it to sync up
- Repeat to dynamically scale all nodes
As a rolling operation, you can dynamically scale your Redis™ deployment online. The only impact on your application is that you will see a failover of the master from one node to another.
As always, if you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected].
* Redis is a trademark of Redis Labs Ltd. Any rights therein are reserved to Redis Labs Ltd. Any use by ScaleGrid is for referential purposes only and does not indicate any sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation between Redis and ScaleGrid.
Updated about a year ago