ScaleGrid's account-level alerts and rules allow you to stay on top of your hosting for Redis™* deployment usage and performance across all clusters in your account. Every database type has a different set of alert rules that can be configured as per your convenience. You can get alerts sent directly to you via SMS, email, PagerDuty, Opsgenie or Slack.
The account-level rules for Redis™ are enforced by you and apply to all the Redis™ cluster deployments in your ScaleGrid account based on database type. You can configure account level rules under:
Settings > Global Rules > Alert Rules
Alert Metrics for Redis™
Check out our Alerts & Rules for Redis™ doc to see the full list of metrics you can use to setup your custom alert notifications.
To learn how to setup alerts for specific Redis™ deployments in your account, check out our Create Cluster Alert Rules for Redis™ doc.
These rules apply to all the Redis™ clusters in your ScaleGrid account. Here are the steps to create an account-level alert rule for Redis™:
- Log into the ScaleGrid console.
- Select Settings in the left-side menu.
- Click on the 'Rules' tab to the left, then 'Alert Rules' in the top menu.
- Click the green 'Create Rule' dropdown button, and select 'New Redis™ Rule':
The procedure for creating an account-level alert rule is the same as of the cluster level. The only difference is that cluster-level rules are applied at the cluster level, but the account-level rules are applied to all clusters across a specific database.
- Once the account-level new alert rule for Redis™ wizard opens, you can select the alert type: Metric, Disk Free (%), or Server Role Change, and configure the parameters for the alert.
A Server Role Change is triggered when a new primary is elected.
- Once you've configured the alert type, you can select how you would like to be notified of the alert. ScaleGrid supports email (by default), SMS, PagerDuty, Opsgenie and Slack.
PagerDuty and Mobile Notifications
For PageDuty and mobile notifications to work, you need to add a PageDuty key and a phone number in the Settings. You can add a key by visiting: Settings > Notifications > PagerDuty or Phone Numbers.
- Once the alert rules are setup, you should start receiving alerts soon. It usually takes about a minute or so.
Editing Alert Rules
At this point, you can edit the rule you created and change the threshold and notification params. The alert type cannot be edited. If you would like to edit the alert type, you need to delete the rule and start over.
Deleting Alert Rules
Please note that alert rules can only be deleted if there are no alerts of its type. For example, if you have a disk - read alert and you try to delete the disk - read rule, it won't be deleted.
* Redis is a trademark of Redis Labs Ltd. Any rights therein are reserved to Redis Labs Ltd. Any use by ScaleGrid is for referential purposes only and does not indicate any sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation between Redis and ScaleGrid.
Updated 6 months ago