ScaleGrid automates the process of backing up your PostgreSQL instances. Since ScaleGrid uses full backups - all databases, users, and settings are backed up on the instance.
We currently support two backup strategies:
ScaleGrid backups are point-in-time backups, typically implemented using disk-level snapshots.
If you enable 'encryption at rest' for your deployment, then your backup snapshots are also encrypted. This means that these backups can only be restored onto the machines on which the backup was taken.
We implement backups on various clouds in the following manner:
- Azure - Backups on Azure are implemented using blob snapshots
- AWS - Backups on AWS are implemented using block-level snapshots
- GCP - Backups on GCP are implemented using disk snapshots
- DigitalOcean - Backups on DigitalOcean are implemented using disk snapshots
- OCI - Backups on OCI are implemented using disk snapshots
If you wish to look at the contents of backup (selected restore) without impacting your main cluster you can use the Selective Restore / Peek at Backup functionality.
Updated 4 months ago