ScaleGrid Bring Your Own Cloud (BYOC) Pricing:
Create fully managed ScaleGrid for MongoDB, Redis™, MySQL, and PostgreSQL cluster on AWS, GCP, Azure or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. ScaleGrid is the only Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) platform that lets you host in your own account through our Bring Your Own Cloud (BYOC) plans. This allows you to save up to 75% on long-term hosting costs by using Reserved Instances instead of on-demand instances. Protect your production workloads through highly available dedicated servers, and automate your database management, monitoring, and maintenance through the #1 MongoDB hosting platform.
Setup time: 15 minutes
Host in your own AWS, Azure, GCP or OCI Account
Full SSH Access to the Server
MongoDB, Redis™, MySQL, PostgreSQL Admin Access
Save with Reserved Instances
Use Virtual Private Clouds (VPC & VNET)
Get High Availability
Use Cross-Data Center Configurations
Create Custom Replica Set Configurations
Use Security Groups
Automate your Monitoring & Alerts
Create MongoDB Shards
Use Disk Compression
Use Multiple Version Support
Deploy High-Performance Clusters
24/7 Support Included
See the full list of features by plan:
Bring Your Own Cloud is a unique hosting solution at ScaleGrid that allows you to host your MongoDB, Redis™, MySQL, and PostgreSQL clusters in your own cloud account. ScaleGrid is the only DBaaS that provides this beneficial hosting plan which allows you to significantly reduce long-term hosting costs up to 75% through Reserved Instances and leverage advanced security features like Virtual Private Clouds (VPC & VNET) and Security Groups. In comparison, our Dedicated Hosting plans are hosted by ScaleGrid through either AWS, Azure, GCP, Linode or DigitalOcean and use On-Demand instances through one all-inclusive plan.
BYOC pricing starts at $20/month for MongoDB, $9/month for Redis™, $8/month for MySQL, and $10/month for PostgreSQL. Since these plans are hosted through your own cloud account, BYOC pricing in only for the management portion of your database hosting. Your actual hosting costs will be billed to you by your elected cloud provider. BYOC accounts scale dynamically on-demand so you never pay for more than you actually need.
All of your management, maintenance, and monitoring costs are included in the BYOC plan, including database upgrades, log rotations, and OS patching. Any additional fees you would incur through your cloud provider, like backup, data transfer, network, disk, and machine costs will be billed to you at the standard or discount rates as determined through and by your cloud provider.
BYOC hosting is available on AWS, Azure, GCP, and OCI. All BYOC plans are hosted through your actual cloud account where you can take advantage of Reserved Instances to pay for your database hosting instances to save up to 75% on long-term hosting costs.
BYOC plans are our more robust plan available, as they allow you the access our advanced database management, monitoring, and maintenance tools with the flexibility of hosting in your own cloud account. The only limitation to the BYOC plans is that they are not all-inclusive and managed through a single console, so you will be billed and will administer your cloud hosting through your cloud provider account. Compare all features for MongoDB, features for Redis™, and features for MySQL by plan type to see which hosting option is right for you.
It's incredibly easy to get started, and takes only 15 minutes to set up your fully managed BYOC clusters for MongoDB, Redis™, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Start a trial on the Console.
- Select Bring Your Own Cloud on the Getting Started page, and click the green New Cloud Profile button to create an AWS Cloud Profile, Azure Cloud Profile, GCP Cloud Profile or OCI Cloud Profile by connecting to your own cloud account.
- Then, click the green New Cluster button to walk through the creation wizard to connect to your Cloud Profile, customize replicas, shards, security, compression, import your data (optional), and create your cluster (MongoDB instructions, Redis™ instructions, MySQL instructions, PostgreSQL instructions).
- Grab your credentials from your new cluster details page to connect to your account (MongoDB instructions, Redis™ Instructions, MySQL Instructions, PostgreSQL Instructions).
* Redis is a trademark of Redis Labs Ltd. Any rights therein are reserved to Redis Labs Ltd. Any use by ScaleGrid is for referential purposes only and does not indicate any sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation between Redis and ScaleGrid.
Updated 4 months ago