ScaleGrid for Redis™* allows you to automate your backups in the cloud. Since ScaleGrid uses full backups, all databases are restored on the instance.
We currently support two backup strategies, and two restore strategies:
We implement backups on various clouds in the following manner:
- AWS - Backups for Redis™ on AWS are implemented using EBS snapshots.
- DigitalOcean - Backups for Redis™ on DigitalOcean are implemented using disk snapshots
- Azure - Backups for Redis™ on Azure are implemented using blob snapshots
- GCP - Backups for Redis™ on GCP are implemented using disk snapshots
- OCI - Backups for Redis™ on OCI are implemented using disk snapshots
ScaleGrid offers up to five backups per deployment on ScaleGrid’s dedicated hosting plans. Please contact ScaleGrid if you wish to generate additional rolling and ad hoc backups. Additional backups are available for an additional fee.
If you wish to look at the contents of backup (selected restore) without impacting your main cluster you can use the Selective Restore / Peek at Backup functionality.
* Redis is a trademark of Redis Labs Ltd. Any rights therein are reserved to Redis Labs Ltd. Any use by ScaleGrid is for referential purposes only and does not indicate any sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation between Redis and ScaleGrid.
Updated 10 months ago