Get The Hostname of Your MySQL Deployment
Want to connect your MySQL deployment to your application and need to find your hostname? A hostname is a label or name that is assigned to a host connected to a computer network and that is used to identify the host in various forms of electronic communication.
Easily grab your host name through a few simple steps through your ScaleGrid account.
How to Find The Hostname of Your MySQL Deployment
- Log into the ScaleGrid console, or create a free 30-day trial.
Must have a MySQL Deployment Setup
If you haven't already, you must first create a MySQL deployment before you can grab your hostname.
- Go to your MySQL Cluster Details page and select the ‘Overview’ tab.
- Find the Command Line Syntax section at the bottom of the page to see the command that can be used to connect your MySQL deployment through mysql client.
- The server name following the ‘-h’ is the hostname of your MySQL deployment, and in this particular case, it is ‘SG-help-1-master.devservers.scalegrid.io’.
- Jot down your MySQL hostname to use to connect to your website or application.
Updated 10 months ago