ScaleGrid for Redis™* allows you to easily perform an on-demand backup in a few simple clicks before important events like application upgrades, Redis version upgrades, etc.
On-demand backups are not removed automatically from the system. Please use the backup UI to delete on-demand backups that are no longer needed.
To create an on-demand backup, please follow these steps:
- Login to the ScaleGrid console.
- Go to the Overview tab of your cluster detail page for Redis™.
- Click on the Backup & Restore button, and select "Backup":
- Stay on the On-demand tab, and enter a name for your backup (we always encourage good naming conventions so that these entities are easy to remember).
- If you're using a replica set, select either the Slave or Master as your backup target.
- Enter an optional comment (up to 100 characters).
- Review your entries, and click the Backup button to start your on-demand backup!
The on-demand backup process should take 5 minutes or more, depending on the type and amount of data in your cluster.
As always, if you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected].
* Redis is a trademark of Redis Labs Ltd. Any rights therein are reserved to Redis Labs Ltd. Any use by ScaleGrid is for referential purposes only and does not indicate any sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation between Redis and ScaleGrid.
Updated 11 months ago