ScaleGrid for Redis™* offers a unique feature called Peek at Backup, or Selective Restores, which allow you to take a look at the content of the backups without impacting your deployment. You can use Peek at Backup for both On-Demand Backup or Scheduled Backup for Redis™.
Peek at Backup creates a new standalone (or sharded) server with backup contents that you can connect to and data that can be examined. Standard pricing rules apply for this newly created cluster.
Here are the steps to use the Peek at Backup/Selective Restore tool for Redis™:
- Login to the ScaleGrid console.
- Go to the Overview tab of your cluster detail page for Redis™.
- Click on the Backup & Restore button, and select "Peek at Backup":
- Enter a name for the new cluster you're creating from the backup, and select the Redis™ backup you'd like to peek at from the Backup List:
- Review the details, and click "Peek" to create your new cluster from your selected backup!
Peek at Backup is especially helpful if you'd like to do a partial restore (for example, restoring the data from a backup for specific keys or key prefixes, etc.).
Peek at Backup is currently not offered for Redis Cluster mode deployments, reach out to us in case you need help with restores on Redis Cluster mode deployments.
As always, if you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected].
* Redis is a trademark of Redis Labs Ltd. Any rights therein are reserved to Redis Labs Ltd. Any use by ScaleGrid is for referential purposes only and does not indicate any sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation between Redis and ScaleGrid.
Updated 11 months ago